The Liebster Award
Alright, so I’m a total asshole–I was nominated for this award once before and didn’t quite understand what I was supposed to do. I received some clarification from my ‘blog sister from another mister’, Jill, over at Ripped Jeans & Bifocals and oddly enough, I was nominated again.. by fab’ Jill. I love her blog and her overall writing style so anything she nominates me for—I take with a smile (and maybe a quick bow/curtsey).
The Liebster Award is for newer bloggers and us smaller blogs are nominated by fellow bloggers in hopes to build our audience, gain a little momentum and a bit more attraction to our site. I’ve been really fortunate to meet a great group of bloggin’ ladies who are all hilarious, intelligent, and most of all, supportive!
In order to accept the award, I get to answer a few questions chosen by my ‘blog sista’, Jill, so I am going to pretend that I am being interviewed by Barbara Walters right now on a very serious episode of 20/20:
1. What is the weirdest thing in your handbag?
Currently? Immodium AD, my Canadian birth certificate & passport.
2. Where did you and your significant other go on your first date?
The bar. Sorry to disappoint. No ‘Awh, we strolled the beach hand-in-hand daydreaming of our future children’s names…’ We got loaded at a bar on Justin’s brothers 21st birthday. I’m a classy broad.
3. I know you have one daughter, Haydan. Why did you chose that name and what was the “runner up” name?
We chose ‘Haydan’ because Justin thought every other name I liked was ridiculous. I was so fucking sick of baby-name books that I honestly would’ve went with ‘Alfalfa’ if it meant not looking at one more of those damn books. I believe the back up name was ‘Chandler’ but I couldn’t stop thinking …BING!…..Chandler BING!
4. What is your signature dish?
It’s at a restaurant called Claim Jumper, I believe they call it ‘Chef’s Chicken Pot Pie’. Mine? I call it….’Trader Joe’s frozen organic cheese pizza’….but I say it in a french accent. *A side note–if you plan on writing down my recipe, I suggest purchasing two of the pizzas—they are small. You’re welcome.*
5. If you found an extra $100 in one of your coat pockets, what would you spend it on?
One of those mountable dinosaur heads for my living room from Modcloth.com
6. Are there any subjects you don’t or won’t blog about?
Yes. I’ve had a rocky past (like many) and won’t divulge any information that could ever come back to haunt/hurt my daughter. I try to be honest and forthcoming and I can handle criticism (mostly) but I will never blog about (serious) personal things that could negatively affect Haydan later down the line. The internet is forever.
But I will gladly model my 8 year old pregnancy underwear for the world to see. I couldn’t care less about embarrassing her…or myself. ((but I think i’m pretty fab’ so no worries on the latter))
7. What is your pet peeve?
People who chew with their mouths open, closed minded-ness, and those yellow things that dangle in lilies
8. What is your favorite post on your blog? Give us the link!
9. If you could have coffee with anyone (real or fictional, living or dead), who would that be? Besides me, of course. But that would really be fun, huh?
Dolly Parton. I would show her my 3rd grade Halloween costume; me dressed as her for Halloween—wig, balloon boobs, the whole 9 yards. Every kid made fun of me and every adult thought I was awesome.
10. What do you wish I would have asked you?
How, I, dictate, where, to, place, commas,. HA!!
So, up for my nomination is Jocelyn over at Displaced Yinzer. Jocelyn was my first ‘blog friend’ and holds a special place in my heart as she never shut me out completely after my myriad of questions and inquires about how to accomplish complicated shit on my blog!!! I am forever indebted to her and she is wonderful and I adore her.
Jocelyn–These are the rules:
Post a Liebster Award Image to your blog (steal mine or find one on Google)
Mention & link back to the blogger who nominated you
Answer all the questions presented to you
Nominate bloggers of your choosing and notify them
List your questions for the bloggers you nominate
Explain the rules, as I have done here
Jocelyn, you’re questions are:
1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
2. How did you decide on your blog name?
3. What is one store at the mall you cannot NOT walk into.
4. If you could pick any city in the world to live, where would that be?
5. Favorite/least favorite part of blogging?
6. Thoughts on acrylic nails?
7. Most hilarious parenting moment thus far?
8. Favorite piece of furniture in your home?
9. One thing you NEVER leave the house without (besides your kids)?
10. One quirky and unique fact about you…?
Don’t Forget to VOTE!!!
One Click–That’s All It Takes!
I’ll mail you a mountable dinosaur head!