Today marks a very depressing day for many people and our country as we honor and remember all the lives that were lost on September 11, 2001.
However, this date is also very special to our family because it is marks my husband’s date of birth. While we remember the fallen heroes and victims on this day, our family also celebrates one amazing man.
The story as to how I met Justin isn’t all too exciting. It was a house party at a friends house and there he was! I was dating someone at the time but thought Justin was pretty much a stud muffin! Apparently, he thought I was a pretty good lookin’ mamacita, too.
On one of our first dates, we went to Target and picked out ridiculous outfits and decided to paint each other in the outfits in the living room of my apartment. I happened to find one of those paintings today…
Before we knew it, we were dating, in love, married, moved to San Diego, started a business together….AND decided to throw a pregnancy in the mix…just to spice shit up…because clearly we didn’t have enough happening. I graduated college, we got married, moved to San Diego from Phoenix, started a business, and found out I was pregnant all in ONE YEAR. Yeah, we fly by the seat of our pants, clearly.
There are so many things I could ramble on about Justin but I have decided to make a list/letter to my husband. So here goes it.
You are awesome for so many reasons. I have highlighted my favorite things about you in this blog post for
the world to see my four blog readers to read, and I am hoping you actually read it too:
- I love that you are the complete opposite of me. When in public as a family, my lunacy balanced with your chill and tranquil demeanor, we end up appearing like a normal family…sometimes…depending on how wild Haydan is that day.
- I love that you bring me toilet paper when we run out. To be honest, a lot of times I notice that we are out of toilet paper before I even sit down to pee. However, I still sit down and pee because I know you will bring me a new roll regardless. Hey, I have a small bladder. If I see a toilet and I have to pee—I can’t walk away from it.
- I love your Thursday date nights with Haydan. I love that you take her to gymnastics, watch her perfect her skills, and then the two of you dine out on a dinner date….while I lay at home in bed watching Netflix….inhaling kettle corn and cookies.
- I love that you wear boxers and not man panties. Man panties freak me out. The word ‘panties’ also freaks me out.
- I love that you teach our 6 year old daughter all the in’s and outs of old school rap music. Our daughter is probably the only child in San Diego that knows who Devin the Dude is…. or the only child who raps ‘White Castle fries only come in one size!’ Beastie Boys style.
- Thank-you for always putting air in my tires and gas in my car. I apologize for my negligence in both areas. I swear it is a coincidence that the gas light only comes on when you drive my car. Really.
- I love how you pretend to understand my on-line spending splurges when I try and justify them to you—-and for not hitting me over the head with a frying pan every time I go a wee bit crazy on e-bay/Amazon/dinosaur shirt websites/etc./etc./etc.
- I love you because you give me 98.9% of the closet space. I will work on downsizing my wardrobe here in the near future…..near future…as in, next few years.
- I am grateful that you remember to water all the plants that I come home with. I don’t know why I can’t remember to water plants. It’s like feeding a a child, you’d think I’d have it down by now. Regardless, thanks for being on top of the mission that is: ‘Operation Don’t Kill Ashley’s Succulents That She Spent $20.00 on and Will Never Remember to Water.’
- Lastly, thank you for being you. You work hard for our family, you put up with two stark raving lunatics each and every single day and still seem to love us both. We are grateful to have you as the man of the house and couldn’t imagine our life without you. We think you are handsome, manly, responsible, and most of all—-the greatest guy we both know.
Happy Birthday Stud Muffin.
Don’t Forget–CLICK THE BUTTON!!! <3