I thought this week it would be fun to switch it up and hear from my other half- Justin, my husband.
I asked Justin to share some of the most interesting things he could think of relative to his ahhhhmazing wife, Smash. 😉 Without further ado, JUSTTTINNNNNNN!!! (clap.clap.clap.):
First, let me start by saying that the woman you know in the internet world, one that I am too slow to keep up with, is no different than the woman I know in real life. I check out my wife’s blog and scroll her never ending posts on Facebook (there are A LOT) and she is absolutely no different in the life I live with her and our daughter than who she is online. If anything, she is more intense- if you can believe that. Ashley writes a lot of posts with numbers so I thought I’d write a post with numbers too.
1. Ashley requires that all the sheets and bedding be properly aligned on the bed. She has woken me up mid-sleep at 4AM to not only discuss whether or not eating cream puffs sitting on her night stand since 10pm will kill, her but also by ripping off all bedding (while I am asleep) so she can realign it because she felt there was more bedding on her side than there was on mine….and that’s ‘annoying’.
2. Ashley is absolutely psychotic about the floors being clean. If I drop so much as a sunflower seed on the ground within a day or two of the floors being swept or mopped, her reaction would likely be the same as if you told her dinosaurs really never existed. However, she has NO problem with 18 piles of laundry on the floor for periods that can often extend longer than 2 weeks.
3. I am the only person I know that calls her ‘Ashley’, everyone refers to her as ‘Ash’, ‘Smash’, etc.
4. I think I’ve seen my wife wear a pair of pants OTHER than yoga pants maybe three times in the past four months and two of those times were likely to church.
5. Her sense of humor is unlike anyone I’ve ever met. Not just in the sense that she has a decent sense of humor but that she actually laughs at her own jokes. Often.
6. She makes friends ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE we go. A simple trip to Costco as a family can turn into a three hour trip because Ashley made a new friend down the laundry detergent aisle discussing the benefits of natural laundry detergent vs. Tide which somehow turns into her exchanging phone numbers with random people and much longer trips to Costco than ever desired
7. She laughs REALLY loud. Again, often at herself or her own jokes.
8. She has more pairs of underwear than days I’ve lived in my life.
9. More Amazon Prime boxes arrive to our home than actual mail. Ashley signed me up for an Amazon credit card without my knowing so she could get 30% off something we already had–the Amazon fire stick–and then gave it to me as a Christmas gift. I later received my new credit card AND the invoice for my ‘Christmas gift’ a few weeks later.
10. Ashley stops at all red lights and gives homeless people either all her money or all my money anytime and every time we are in the car together. Furthermore, she has a friend who lives at the gas station that she not only visits and brings necessities to but also sits on the curb and has hour long conversations with. I tried to stop and give him El Pollo Loco for lunch one day and told him I was Ashley’s husband and he told me to go away. (This is something I actually really love about my wife.)
11. Ashley has us signed up on about 9 different auto-pay gigs. Can anyone explain Birchbox or why we have the exact same cleaning supplies mailed to us every month from an ‘honest company’?
12. Yes, the dinosaur situation is just as real in my life as what you see online through Facebook and her blog. She is obsessed.
13. When Ashley likes a new band or musician, that is the ONLY thing we will hear playing throughout our home for weeks on end–unless she finds a new band to play on repeat.
14. As some of you may know, Ashley is Canadian. She still to this day, after living in the USA for over 25 years, refers to the garbage disposal as a ‘garburator’. After being with Ashley for 10 years and married for 8, I still have to ask what the heck she is talking about when she says ‘just shove it down the garburator!’
15. Ashley once tried to convince me that Facebook is her job.
16. Ashley CANNOT walk past a sale sign and not stop. The bath store at the mall has sales on hand soaps any and every time we visit. She convinces me every time to stock up ‘because they are on sale!!!’ We typically have 30 types of hand soap on hand at any given moment.
17. She spends more money on essential oils each month than I spend on gas in a month. Furthermore, she has these mister things all over our home that mist out these oils 24/7. Our home smells like a eucalyptus tree. The one in our room creates a dripping water type noise that makes me have to get up to use the bathroom at least twice a night. Not Ashley, though! She sleeps like a baby because the oils are ‘so calming!!!!!’
18. Ashley allows BOTH dogs to sleep in our tiny bed because ‘it would be mean not to include them’.
19. Ashley had four bug bites on her foot last summer and was convinced we had bed bugs. After hiring a pest control company who SPECIALIZED in bed bugs, we were told we didn’t have bed bugs. Ashley didn’t believe him and made me buy a new mattress that day.
20. Ashley used to cut and dye my hair. Until the day she dyed it pink. Yes, she really did that.
21. Ashley is obsessed with a good deal. 76% of the stuff in our home was purchased off Craigslist. She made me run to the corner of a busy street and stop my car when she and a friend saw a picnic table for $20. When I came back empty handed as the people were not home, Ashley got into my work truck, drove down to the house with the picnic table out front and came home with not only the picnic table but also a free can of chalk paint.
22. Ashley can talk her way into or out of absolutely anything. She talked me into allowing her to paint my fingernails so she could see what the color would look like (but didn’t want to mess up her own nails) and furthermore, told me it would come off like it was never even there. It then took my asking four times for nail polish remover before I ended up down the beauty aisle at Target trying to figure out the difference between acetone and acetone-free nail polish. Yes, that really happened too.
All (truthful) sarcasm aside, Ashley genuinely loves almost every person she meets and makes that known to those around her. She is one of the most caring, loving and considerate people I’ve met. She goes out of her way for people more than anyone I know. She’d likely give you not only the shirt off her own back but probably the money out of my wallet too.