When I was pregnant with my daughter, I kept a pregnancy journal on my computer. Each night, I’d open a new document, date it and I’d start typing away about that day’s pregnancy highs and lows.
I’d document visits to the doctor, how big she was (ie. You are now the size of an avocado!), funny things the doctor would tell me: “Woah! Your weight is a bit up there, you need to lay off the carbs!” and joke that Baby Barb was the one responsible for my addiction to carbohydrates.
My final plan was to print out each of the journal entries I had made on the computer and put them into a little baby book that documented my pregnancy that I could later show my daughter.
Well, with time, the baby came into the world, and before I knew it I was loading up endless photos of her from my digital camera onto the PC. I had long since forgotten about my pregnancy journal and I was now in the mode of writing about her daily changes as an infant in a new journal series— in conjunction with the bazillion photos I uploaded from my camera every day.
Well, this was during a time when no one kept photos on their phone. Barb was born in 2007 and back then was a time when we still used digital cameras to document everything versus today where everything lives on our mobile device.
Sure enough, the computer crashed.
I was devastated. Everything that I had written prior to her birth was gone, and every photo that I had uploaded to the computer was gone.
I had zero backup protection and I lost everything.
I was such a mess. I will never forget the day we took the computer to the IT department at Staples and they said that they weren’t able to retrace the information back for us as they couldn’t even get the computer to start.
If this sounds familiar to you- which I am hoping I am not alone and I am not the only person to have ever done this- I have a really awesome solution for you called Acronis True Image 2017.
I got to talk to the awesome folks at Acronis and their personal backup software is number one- and here’s why:
- The product is easy to use. It literally takes two clicks to install and installs in under two minutes.
- Acronis takes a full copy (like a picture) of your computer- including apps, videos, settings, etc.
- You can back-up your social media timelines! How awesome is that!? Now a day we upload everything to Facebook and the only time we see it again is when it pops up a year or two later in our “Memories” on Facebook. Not with Acronis- you can log onto Facebook and do a backup of your timeline so you have everything you’ve uploaded to Facebook saved in one safe spot.
- Acronis also offers the Acronis Cloud where you can store everything, but you can also save to an external hard drive or to a network share. That’s three places to save to– you’ll never lose your information again!
- You can backup your mobile devices! How many photos do you have sitting on your phone right now? If you are anything like me, it is over ten thousand! (NO JOKE!) You simply download the app from the app store (also available on Android) and you can download and save everything from videos, pictures, and notes to the Acronis cloud where it is all kept securely in case you lose your phone, or it crashes on you.
- Acronis is the only solution that allows you to store the entire operating system in the cloud- the exact image in one single file! That’s pretty awesome!
- You can then set up Acronis to download and save what you want on a certain schedule. If you use your computer every day, you can set it up to save every day, or you can set it to weekly, every other week, etc.
- Once you have done the initial download/copy of your computer, Acronis will only download the changes that you’ve made to the computer/device.
Sounds pretty awesome, right? I wish I would have had this bad boy back in 2007 when I was pregnant with Barb- I would have a lot more photos to share for my Throw Back Thursdays and that awesome journal I kept! Right now all I have is the memories feature on Facebook and then all the photos that I actually had developed when she was a baby (thank GOD).
I have a really awesome giveaway to go along with this! I get to give away a silver 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi 128GB and Acronis True Image 2017 for 5 PCs with 1 TB Acronis Cloud subscription for themselves too!
How do you enter? Simply follow Acronis on Twitter, check them out on Facebook, or YouTube and then leave me a comment on the Facebook post that led you here (or click here) and tell me why you need this software in your life, or tell me a time when you lost all of your precious information! Barb and I will pull the winners in our traditional fashion- from the big kitchen bowl on January 4th, 2017 via a Facebook Live video where we will announce the winner of the iPad and Acronis True Image 2017!
Be sure to check out Acronis to learn more about the awesome features and functions!
Thank-you for stopping by! As always, a click on the brown banner below is a vote for my site and helps more than you know! Thank-You!